West Java liwet rice recipes are much sought after today. Not without reason, this one recipe does have a distinctive taste with peerless delicacies. If you happen to visit West Java, of course, this one dish is very mandatory to try.
Nasi Liwet typical of West Java does have a different taste from liwet rice in other regions. In addition to solid spices, this sunda liwet rice does have special characteristics. Among them is lalapan.
The majority of Sundanese living in West Java do have the habit of consuming raw lalapan when eating. This is also true when cooking liwet rice dishes. Even the raw lalapan put in this liwet rice is much more complete.
Not only that, there are also other menus that are often combined with this West Java liwet rice recipe . Among them are tempeh and fried tofu, stir-fried kale, fried chicken, eggs, salted fish, anchovies and the most mandatory is sambal goang.
Things to Prepare Before Making Sundanese Liwet Rice
In this initial step, of course, the first thing you have to prepare is equipment. Speaking of liwet rice, you actually have to cook it using ‘hawu’ style of Sundanese people. This Hawu is like a burning furnace. The fuel uses wood.
But because preparing this hawu is not easy, you can also make liwet rice by using a mejikom or ordinary stove. The method is fairly easier although in fact, the use of this Mejikom makes the taste of liwet becomes slightly changed.
In addition, you also have to prepare the ingredients needed to make liwet rice itself. Take it easy because these ingredients are not at all difficult for you to find. Just look for it at the nearest stalls in their respective regions.
If the ingredients are ready, then you just need to prepare other equipment needed. Then we can continue to the discussion of this west Java liwet rice recipe next.
Ingredients Needed in Making Liwet Rice
The ingredients needed to make this liwet rice are indeed not too complicated. But what makes it crowded is another complementary menu variant that is usually served at the time of the liwetan event itself. What are the ingredients? Check out the explanation below:
- Rice 500 grams
- Shallots 7 cloves clean the skin
- Bay leaves 4 sheets, wash thoroughly
- Lemongrass 4 stems as flavoring, geprek to give off a fragrant smell
- To taste salt
- Salted fish or anchovies 150 grams
- Clean water 1200 ml
Make sure all ingredients are in a clean and hygienic condition. If the ingredients you prepare entirely, then we just have to do the process of making this typical West Java liwet rice recipe itself.
How to Make Sundanese Liwet Rice
If the material has been prepared, we can proceed to the manufacturing stage. In making any dish, the first thing to consider is the cleanliness of the ingredients to be processed. Basically, eating is a source of energy for us to move.
In addition to the ingredients, also make sure all equipment is in hygienic conditions. If you have confirmed the two things mentioned above, the next process is to follow the steps below :
- Wash the rice you have prepared until it is completely clean, put it in a pot of the appropriate size (if using a stove or stove)
- If you want to use a mejikom, of course the rice is included in the mejikom with the appropriate size as well.
- Add water to the rice up to 1.5 or 2 fingers.
- Put all the pre-prepared spices into the rice.
- Stir thoroughly
- Turn on your stove, furnace or mejikom. Wait up to 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove and pour into the rice holder.
If the Sundanese usually pour this liwet rice on banana leaves so that the aroma is more maximal. So the fragrant aroma of rice blends with the aroma of fresh banana leaves. This will increase your appetite.
Using the composition of ingredients as we have explained above, liwet rice is more or less enough for a medium-sized portion for 7 people. But in order for the taste to be more maximal, it is also necessary to choose a complementary dish of other West Java liwet rice recipes .
West Java Liwet Rice Complementary Menu
Of course, there are many complementary menus of West Java liwet rice that you can choose at this time. But there are some menus including those that are considered mandatory menus. Of course, the taste does not need to be doubted anymore.
Especially if consumed with liwet rice that is still warm. Of course it will taste much more delicious. So What are the complementary menus of the Typical West Java liwet rice recipe ? Straight away, here’s the choice.
The first dish that you can choose as a complement is fried tempeh. This menu has an unquestionable taste. The nutritional content in it is also very abundant. This one menu is very suitable for you to serve with liwet rice.
- tempeh 1 block, sliced according to the size according to your respective tastes
- Cooking oil to taste
- garlic 2 cloves
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander 1/2 teaspoon
- To taste chicken stock
How to make:
- Mix all the spices you have Puree first and then stir with enough water.
- Soak the slices of tempeh that you have poured into it. Let stand for about 10 minutes. drain one by one.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the tempeh that you have sliced until yellowish and cooked.
- Fried Chicken
In addition to fried tempeh dishes, fried chicken can also be a complementary dish for West Java liwet rice recipes that you can choose. For the manufacture you can follow the explanation below:
The first ingredients:
- Chicken meat 500 gr, cut the size according to each taste.
- To taste cooking oil
Fine seasoning ingredients:
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- To taste Powdered chicken broth
- Coriander 1/2 teaspoon
- Pecans 2 pieces
- garlic 3 cloves
- Turmeric 4 cm
How to make:
- Wash the chicken pieces you have prepared
- Puree all seasonings, then sauté over medium heat until they bring out a fragrant new
- Add clean water to the stir-fry seasoning you are
- Put chicken meat in stir-fry
- Kngkep the chicken meat and seasoning for 15 minutes to infuse.
- When you’re done, fry one by one until the chicken meat is brown.
- Serve when finished.
- Sambal Goang
The complementary menu of other Typical West Java liwet rice recipes is sambal goang. This dish is considered a mandatory dish. How to make it is easy, follow the steps below until it is completed.
- red cayenne pepper 10 pieces only
- garlic 1 clove, clean the shell
- Kencur 1 segment, peel the shell
- To taste salt
- hot oil
How to make:
- Mix all the ingredients, ulek until it resembles chili sauce. There is no need to be too delicate, just adjust it to taste.
- Heat the pre-prepared cooking oil. Once it’s hot, flush it on the goang sauce you’ve made. We guarantee that the taste will be very outgoing if left in a rough condiction only.
In order for the results to be maximized, be sure to follow all the steps we have described above in order. Do not get it wrong or reverse in doing so. If you do it well, of course, the taste of west Java liwet rice recipes and the complementary menu will be maximized.