Currently there are many variants of west Java uduk rice recipes that you can choose. But of course there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this one recipe is what you must try because in it there is a legendary taste typical of the ancestors of the Sundanese tribe of the past.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical west Javanese dishes that you can easily find. Currently there are many typical Sundanese restaurants that provide it for you. But there is nothing wrong if you try to make this one menu in each house.
But making this uduk rice does require patience. There are many steps that you must follow carefully to get a delicious taste of uduk rice. But take it easy because here we will discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk Is Considered a Big Dish in West Java
Actually, this uduk rice is part of the West Java tradition. Therefore, not everyone can understand this west Java uduk rice recipe well. Only a few people understand it well.
In West Java itself, usually this uduk rice is served in various sacred events such as weddings, circumcisions, home thanksgiving, building inaugurations, and so on. Usually there are many people involved in making this uduk rice itself.
Of course, the portions made are also very many. But if you make it for your own consumption, the way is not too difficult. On this occasion we will discuss how to finish, complete with complementary menu variants that are usually served in it. Arbitrary? Check out the explanation thoroughly!
How to Make a Typical West Java Uduk Rice Recipe
To make this uduk rice, of course, the first thing you have to prepare is the ingredients. Also make sure that the ingredients used are clean and hygienic. Straight away, here’s the explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 young bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 scattered sticks
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make
If the ingredients have been prepared entirely, we can go directly to the stage of making this west Java uduk rice recipe. Encourage them to follow the steps below in order.
- Wash the rice thoroughly. Also wash other ingredients that will be used in the manufacturing process
- Boil the coconut milk that you have prepared before. also put bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, lemongrass that has been defiled, salt and pepper.
- Stir everything until completely evenly distributed. Continue to stir until the combination of spices and seasonings boils.
- Put the rice that you have washed before into coconut milk and spices that are being boiled.
- Continue to steam until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- Once cooked, serve in an adequate container
To add flavor, you can also sprinkle fried onions, slices of red chili and cucumbers on top of the rice. In addition to making it look beautiful, this will increase your appetite.
That’s the process of making uduk rice that you can follow. It seems easy, but often the creation of this west Java uduk rice recipe fails if it does not follow the steps that have been determined. So make sure you are careful in doing the steps.
Tips to Do When Making Uduk Rice
There are some tips that you can do when you want to make this uduk rice recipe. First, be sure to choose quality rice. Rice that is not quality often does not make the seasoning spices that you put seep into it.
Not only that, be sure to also choose thick coconut milk. The selection of this thick coconut milk will make the taste of the typical West Java uduk rice recipe that you make more savory and delicious. But on the contrary, if you choose diluted coconut milk, of course, the taste that appears will not be too savory.
The aroma that appears will also not be strong. Kamu can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. The quality is sometimes not what you imagined. There are usually many coconut traders in the market who provide grated coconuts like this.
West Java Uduk Rice Complementary Menu
This typical West Java uduk rice recipe will certainly not be perfect if you do not equip it with complementary dishes. There are many complementary menus of uduk rice that you can choose at this time. Let’s discuss one by one how to make it.
- Fried Chicken
- Chicken 1 head, cut to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Coconut water 500 ml
- Bay leaves 2 sheets
- Orange leaves 2 sheets
- Galangal that has been defiled enough
- shallots 8 grains
- garlic 4 cloves
- Pecans 4 items
- peppercorns granulated 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 cm
- old turmeric 3 cm
- brown sugar 20 grams
- Salt 2 teaspoons
How to Make:
After the ingredients you prepare, then you just have to do the steps to make a complement to this typical West Java rice recipe as follows:
- Wash prepared chicken
- Puree all the seasonings, sauté until they give off a fragrance.
- Add bay leaves, galangal, orange leaves and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the pre-cleaned chicken, stir with seasoning
- Pour coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices in it infuse.
- Wait for the chicken pieces to become tender.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat cooking oil, fry the chicken that has been steamed until it is brown.
- Drain, or arrange on precooked uduk rice.
- Dry Oreg Tempeh
- Tempeh 1 board, sliced matchstick
- Red pepper 1 piece, thinly sliced
- Curly chilli 4 pieces, sliced in a squeak
- Long-softened galangal 2 cm long
- 2 cm defiled ginger
- Young bay leaves 1 sheet only
- Fresh orange leaves 3 sheets
- Shaved brown sugar 3 tablespoons, can also be replaced sweet soy sauce
- Shallots 5 grains, sliced thinly
- Garlic 3 cloves, thinly sliced
- Tamarind water 1/2 meal
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
How to make:
- After the ingredients above you prepare completely, now we can proceed to the process of making complementary dishes of this West Java uduk rice recipe . Follow the steps below.
- Fry the tempeh that you have sliced to dry. The level of drought can be adjusted to each taste. Remove and then drain.
- Sauté the sliced onions to give off a fragrant smell. Then add other spices such as chili, orange leaves, bay leaves and galangal. Master with a little water.
- After that also put tamarind water and brown sugar. Finally put the salt. Cook until boiling, correct the taste.
- Put the dried fried tempeh in it. Stir until caramelized and all seasoning is infused. Remove and serve.
The combination of uduk rice and complementary dishes will certainly make families at home much more enthusiastic in dining. Don’t forget to serve also sambal uduk which is suitable for the family. To avoid mistakes, be sure to follow the steps of making this Typical West Java uduk rice recipe in order.